- Finn and I played a quicky game of Scrabble this AM. We’ve been playing almost everyday and it’s super fun (lots of nerdy Scrabble smack talk).
- Travel was intenso this week. It was incredibly productive and it feels great to be part of a kick ass team. After last week’s news, I had to step up my charm/schmooze game and make sure we didn’t lose any clients. And we didn’t!
- Speaking of intenso, Finn has been going through some rough stuff lately. He’s fine, but I can’t help but think the hormones of teenagery are starting a bit earlier than I anticipated. Depending on the morning, I can have happy-go-lucky Finn or emo existential crisis Finn.
- It’s been bloody hot and humid in Vermont since I got back on Wednesday. It is October!!! World meet hell in hand basket.
- Despite all this…Work is good. Finn and I are good. The Fall is the most beautiful I’ve ever seen. We are just figuring it out as we go along and how to make it all work. Some days I feel like I’m flailing and suck at this life shit while other days I feel like I rule at it. I guess I get tired of the missteps and detours (mostly based on my own decision making) that make things more difficult than they should be. That balance of consistency and growth/change is a tough one.