Four 8 year old boys with their game faces on.
Finn’s b-day bro-down was awesome. Some highlights (and maybe a few low points):
- The said arcade was a lot of fun. The game they are playing in the pic above was this huge screen that you throw balls at to score points. The four of them played this game together for at least half the time we were there and simply did not tire of it.
- This game gave out tickets. The more points you scored, the more tickets awarded to go buy crappy toys and candy with at the end.
- After accumulating 800 tickets, primarily from this game (and a few others as well, like skee-ball), I divided the tickets evenly for them to get stuff. The other boys decided - completely on their own - to chip-in together to get Finn something since it was his birthday. Dad…speechless.
- They also got their lazer tag on. Who doesn’t feel bad ass with a big heavy vest and a gun? For the record, strategy is not a strength of the 8 yo boy brain.
- The car rides to and from were probably the most entertaining and annoying for me. Conversations (which are mostly them yelling over one another) were either about a) girls b) outdoing one another (chest, math, riddles, kickball, telephone, etc). Have penis…must compete.
- Back at Finn’s mom’s, things got a bit more raucous with the addition of not one but three more children (she invited the two kids from next store). By that point, I had had my fun and was there as the A/V guy to set up the video.
- FYI: Kids don’t eat cake. WTF invented birthday cakes for kids?
With kids fed,
cake ice cream eaten, and the video technicalities solved, my job was done. I went home, and even though I was supposed to go back out, was fast asleep by 9.