He’s also wearing argyle socks and snow boots with this get up. And that patch on the left…his own duck tape repair.
An aside: Finn is doing a (another) fundraiser right now through his school for the American Heart Association called Jump Rope for Heart. He is using his email account to contact family and friends to help support him. I think it is very cool that he is using email to reach out to our dispersed family (he has raised a couple hundred so far this week), but helping him craft (I made him type it out himself) a comprehensible email was not pretty.
Not only do I need to get him to use/practice with his typing program more, the writing they teach in school is a very different beast than electronic communication. I’m pretty sure they need to start to teach that at an early age these days. Email/e-communication is 90% of what I write. Most of us don’t have the privilege/need to write nice flowery narrative stories in three part structure. I understand the need for building a foundation for structured writing, but instilling an understanding for versatile/context-specific communication would benefit kids greatly…and most adults for that matter.
Oh…and he is doing algebraic linear equations…in the 3rd grade! Crazy!
18 Notes/ Hide
- cityblue30 likes this
- thesahmmy likes this
- kandiasschronicles likes this
- electradaddy said:All truth! Give him my email. I’ll help out!
- electradaddy likes this
- mamaswears likes this
- thedaddycomplex likes this
- sugaredbutnotsweet likes this
- thehobodad likes this
- rararoblog likes this
- toronto-to-lima likes this
- pbsparents likes this
- falsepalindrome likes this
- laurenelizabits said:Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing was, as I remember, the funnest typing program around. And why I can type upwards of 75 wpm today (well, that and my internet addiction)
- discoballdad posted this